Friday, September 14, 2012

What We Ate: Chow Town

We all ate stuff yesterday and thought it would be fun to document! 


Breakfast-I actually normally eat an English muffin with peanut butter for breakfast, but I was out, so I had to go for frozen waffles with peanut butter instead (I wasn't that sorry about it).  Also, some O.J., which I love for breakfast but hate at any other time of the day!
Lunch- Big ol' bowl of creamy mac and cheese.  'Nuff said.
Dinner- Leftovers!  I always cook meals for 4, and so we always have leftovers the next day since there are just 2 of us.  This is Garlic Smothered Pork Chops (from a Weight Watchers cookbook - first time making it and it was DELISH), Uncle Ben's Wild Rice, and some good ol' steamed spinach!
Snack- Normally I have homemade treats on hand (really, I swear!), but we already gobbled them all up this week, so I was left to forage.  Which meant eating 3 handfuls of chocolate chips after work, and coming home later that night to find a Kit Kat in the fridge that Scott had picked up for me - yippee!  Also, not pictured:  some animal crackers.


Breakfast- We made a dish of the Budget Bytes Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal and have been eating it all week for breakfast! Sometimes I heat it up or sometimes I top it with milk and eat it like cereal. Very filling and tastes like fall.
Lunch- My typical peanut butter and jelly. I could seriously eat PB&J every day.
Snack- I probably make a recipe from Skinny Taste at least two times a week and her Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe doesn't suck. Cookies are my favorite food group so I don't feel that bad about eating two cookies, or four...
Dinner- We love taco soup in our house, it's so easy to throw whatever we have on hand into a pot, eat up the goodness, and have tons of leftovers but this time we wanted to try something different so we made the Skinny Taste Turkey Chili Taco Soup recipe. This was our 2nd time to eat it this week and it was just as good as the first time.

I had a very sad refrigerator yesterday, so my meals mostly consisted of free food at work or food that someone else prepared for me.

Breakfast- Coffee and a FREE cinnamon roll from work because someone who quit her job a few weeks ago is back working with us again and wanted to treat the office to sweet rolls.  Whatevs!  Score!
Lunch- FREE tofu and white rice because the lovely catering woman at work lets me "sample" the new hot food. "Sample", quoted, because it was totally a full plate of food.  Bonus: it was quite delicious. 
Snack- PB + Celery that Ryan packed for me.  No idea where he found celery in that very sad fridge, but I was grateful.
Dinner- Pei Wei that a friend brought over for TV watching.
Snack- The aftermath of a scrambled egg, avocado, and Chaluluha that I ate before I went to bed.  I finally cooked something for myself yesterday!  At 10pm.

(not pictured: 3 mini cupcakes)

Between being in college, working, volunteering, and life in general, it can really hard eating like I want sometimes. All we can do is the best we can! So, I've started premaking meals and shakes ahead of time to try and make things easier on myself. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Luckily, things were flowing alright for this setup!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries (BERRY EXPLOSION), all natural almonds, and 1 TBSP chia seeds. YUM!
Lunch: Melon mix, zucchini/squash cuts, 1/2 avocado, and 1 piece baked Cod topped with roasted tomato and a pinch of FF mozzarella.
Snack: Protein Shake! Although you can't see it, just pretend :) The picture shows a few of the many ingredients I like to use in my shakes. I always use the Protein (obviously) and PB2, but the other ingredients are ever changing; I like to add any fruit combinations I can find in the frig, unsweetened almond milk, and chia seeds. Just depends on my mood and what's on hand!
Dinner: Lean steak cutlets mixed with peppers and a dash of seasoning.






No comments:

Post a Comment