Friday, August 3, 2012

Celeb Stuff: Who We Love

Let's get real. We all have confessions, some we love sharing, some we are too embarrassed to share. Today we share with you our most favorite celebrity obsessions. 


My love for the Backstreet Boys could easily take up an entire year's worth of posts and include literally millions of exclamation points, so I'll be as brief and calm as humanly possible on this one.  The first time I heard these men's (angels?) voices was in my 7th grade best friend Tabitha's mother's pick-up truck on the way home from an ice skating rink.  The song was "As Long As You Love Me."  Ever since that moment, I've been living with Backstreet Boys fever.  I've had the disease for 14 years now, and I don't think it's going to be cured anytime soon (and I wouldn't want to be cured anyway).  Case in point:  that picture above?  Taken 7 months ago.  On a cruise.  A cruise I took with the Backstreet Boys.  You might want to read about it here.








(via)

My name is Kendra and I'm in love with Zach Braff. 

It all started when I first saw Garden State, a movie he wrote, directed, and acted.  He and Natalie Portman had this incredible energy.  And it was just "different", nothing I had seen before.   Garden State was my first independent film I ever watched (or that I can remember) in high school.  I watched the director's commentary (Zach Braff!  hey hey) about 10 times, fell in love with ZB, and have been hooked on him ever since.  You all, I don't even think he's over the top cute either, but I just love his quirkiness and oddball humor... I'm a huge fan of Scrubs now too. 

So for any Friends fans out there, he's on "my list", it's laminated, and I will never change his #1 spot for anyone conveniently living in my city.  Ever.  








(via)

My husband asked me one time what my dream job would be if I could do anything.
My response, "To be a Kardashian".

It's no lie. What a dream that would be. I've read their books, I've seen every episode of every spin off, I follow their Twitters and blogs and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I find their family fascinating, amusing, and all of the time crazy. But I love them. I wish we knew each other so I could go on family vacas with them. I love Kourtney and her kids.  It would be cool to be Malika and best friends with Khloé and Lamar,  I could be best friends with Kim and go to London to hang with her (but really hang out with Scott, because Scott is clearly the best). I love watching Bruce (another favorite) fly his toy helicopters. I love watching Kendall and Kylie go from looking 12 to 26 all in one year. I love that Rob was on Dancing with the Stars and was actually good, much better than Kim. And sometimes I even love Kris. But mostly, I love that they are a family that truly loves and cares about each other.

So I guess I don't need to be a Kardashian. I have a family that loves each other and we are pretty awesome. We just don't have our own TV show... yet.

If any Kardashian happens to be reading this, let's be BFFs. I promise I'm not a stalker.

Monroe
Just one word and you already know who I'm talking about. 
Marilyn
No other face fits name quiet so well. 

Yet, when you put the two names together, Marilyn Monroe, you envision perfection, seduction, admiration, and super stardom all wrapped in one. That must have been what her early managers and PR peeps thought when they encouraged her to change her real name from her original identity, Norma Jean Baker (Mortenson). This isn't the first time I've mentioned my love for her, as you can see she has her own section on my personal blog. As you can see, this American icon is my celeb love. Yes, out of all the gorgeous and amazing male celebrities out there, including my future husband, I chose Marilyn above them all. That's how much I adore this women. I just recently moved apartments and when the movers came, one looked and me and jokingly said, "so you like Marliyn Monroe, huh?" Then, an hour or so after loading the truck, he stared at me in all seriuosness and said, "You REALLY like Marilyn Monroe." I'm assuming he's referring to all the different Marilyn picture frames and canvas he had just loaded. There's over 10. Yeah, over 10. Not including my calenders, books, movies, and magazines that I own of hers too. The pictures shown above are just the tip of the iceberg on my Monroe collection. Ain't no shame!

There are so many reasons who I love this lady; her life is just so enchanting yet, tragic. It's fascinating and heartbreaking all at the same time. All she ever wanted was to love and be loved in return. Yes, she was a saucy minx that got around Hollywood and used her tricks to advance herself in the business... But really though, abandoned by her mother who suffered from psychological problems and was constantly in mental institutions, never knew her father, placed in and out of orphanages and foster homes until she was forced to marry at the age of 14... how can people not expect her to have issues?! SERIOUS issues. She used her beauty to get fame, but only because she thought that fame meant being loved which is what she truly wanted all along. I think this is all of us in some way shape or form... Searching for love and acceptance in spite of the things that hurt us. I could go on and on about Marilyn, but I don't want to keep you all day. Just know there's more to this wondrous woman than meets the eye! I encourage you to read up on her, watch a biography or two. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised how much you love her too :)

PS.. For those crazies out there like myself, some of her old movies are on Netflix!

2 comments:

  1. Val, I always love when you post about BSB. They are the ULTIMATE boy band :)

    Kendra, I too love Garden State. I wish I had watched before (2 years ago).

    Heidi, I love that you at least admit your obsession. I'm not a Kardashian fan, but someone has to keep up with them.... ;)

    Sam, what I love about her most is how she was a true woman. It drives me crazy how our view of sexy has changed. she was not a size zero. ugh. But yes, I think she is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh I love the Backstreet Boys. It's ridiculous to me that people think they're over. I was so excited when AJ got married and when Kevin rejoined the band.
    I have albums, tshirts, posters, and mostly the love & respect for BSB.

    ReplyDelete