Ryan and I both gobbled up this pasta dish, it was so good. Gnocchi is awesome you all. Little puffs of pasta goodness.
- 3 medium-sized fresh sweet corn on the cob (or a bag of frozen corn, which I used)
- 3 C fresh arugula
- 3/4 C fresh mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 3/4 C half and half (or half heavy cream, half whole milk/skim)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 t salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t fresh basil, julienne
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
In large pot, boil water and cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding in the corn on the cob in the last 5 minutes. Remove corn, transfer to cutting board. Drain gnocchi, but make sure to reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Don't rinse your gnocchi.
For the cream sauce, combine half and half, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, fresh basil, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium for about 10 minutes, stirring until cream cheese has evenly dispersed throughout sauce. Stir in reserved pasta water.
Slice your corn off the cob. (or you can use a bag of frozen corn)
In a medium bowl, combine your pasta sauce, corn, gnocchi and arugula. Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, basil, and crushed red pepper if desired.
Enjoy! We sure did.