Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Heaven on Earth: Apples in a Pie Crust

Warning:  your mouth is about to start watering.

I'm generally against having fruit in desserts (that is what chocolate is for, people!), but when Heidi and I made our own little version of "apple pie" over the weekend, I changed my mind!

Borrowed from this recipe from The Daybook blog, it's as easy as this:

Slice up apples.
Toss them in a pie crust.
Dump tons of brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

CHOW TIME.

Something about the way the brown sugar melted down the apples and into the crust made it so doughy and yummy and just plain irresistible.  Make one.  Make one NOW.

[Also, this contains fruit and cinnamon, so it's suitable to eat for breakfast, right?  Right....?]

1 comment:

  1. I had it for breakfast today. The doughy crust was the best. And our handpicked apples of course!

    ReplyDelete