Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Want To Talk About Bedtimes

Okay, so I know that I am a 27-year-old woman (with no children!) and realistically I should have gotten the hang of my own sleeping patterns by this point in my life, but the thing is:  I can't.  No matter what time I go to bed or get up in the morning, I'm tired.  I'm tired all day until it gets to night time, and then I inexplicably just stay awake for no reason at all...when I ought to be going to sleep.  WHAT IS HAPPENING.


Ryan Selvy's Tumblr

 

Here's what I intend for my schedule to be:
  • In bed by 10:30 PM, read a book for a little while, asleep by 11:00 PM
  • Wake up at 7:00 AM
That's a whole 8 hours of sleep...and seems perfectly doable, right?

Here's what actually usually happens:
  • Think "I should get ready for bed" at 10:00 PM
  • Watch more TV, do more internetting
  • All of a sudden it's 11:30 PM
  • For some reason, continue to be on the internet
  • Get in bed at midnight
  • Set alarm for 6:30 AM
  • Hit snooze until 7:30 AM

So, here's what  I want to know:  What time do you go to bed every night?  Do you have a specific "bedtime"?  Is it different on the weekends?  How much sleep do you get?  If you know the secret to the magic amount of sleep and how to not be tired, what is it?!  Or are we all just doomed to be tired the rest of our lives?

3 comments:

  1. I try to be asleep by midnight, but I don't think my body can physically turn off until after midnight. You aren't alone by friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ladies, enjoy the staying up while you can. If I stay up past 10:30, the next day is a nightmare. Thankfully Haven sleeps a solid 11 hours these days so I'm able to get a full 8 (in bed after her and up before her!). Any less than that and I am a sluggish mess... so basically I was a sluggish mess for the majority of my child's 1st year... but things are lookin' up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, I'm running on E today because I couldn't stop watching Revenge last night. I'm too embarrassed to say what time it was. But, let's just say it's after 12 :) So nope! You're not alone at all! I feel the exact same way prrreeeeety much errrday.

    ReplyDelete