Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Movie Review : The Campaign

I love the whole movie theater process. The tweens waiting for their parents to pick them up outside, the strange theater smell that overpowers your nostrils, the crazy lady yelling at the screen and laughing at the wrong parts. All that combined with overpriced deliciously disgusting popcorn and you have yourself one heck of a date. But my husband and I can't afford it. One day when are rich billionares from our reality show we will go to the movies every week, but until then we only go when it's free.

We just so happened to have a gift card from out wedding (15 months ago) that we hadn't used. It being a rainy Labor Day weekend we had no other plans so we decided to go see a flick.

For some reason we chose The Campaign with Will Ferrel and Zach Galifianakis. We wanted to laugh.



Here is my review....

Don't go with your mom, grandma, mother-in-law or anyone who gets awkward or can't handle dirty jokes and language. It is a typical Will Ferrell movie, so you know what you are getting yourself into. I'm not going to lie. I laughed a lot. More than I expected. It is so inappropriate and wrong which I think made me laugh more. And Zach Galifianakis is, as always, hilarious. The two of them together made me laugh more.

However, I wouldn't have spent real money on the movie. I think this is one you can wait for Redbox to come out with, but should still be seen. Because really, how can a Will and Zach combo not be worth a $1.00 rental....


1 comment: