Friday, July 6, 2012

Crisis Averted

We went camping a few weeks ago...

Specifically, we went on a mountain bike trip with a group of friends we've recently made here in Colorado. My husband said I would have plenty of non-biking ladies to spend time with while he and the guys were out on the trails.  Oh, I should say now that he's an avid outdoors man.  One of the many reasons I love him so.  But me?  I appreciate nature and open spaces, but I would never say I'm much of the "outdoorsy type".  Actually, I'm not really at all, but I sure do like to pretend by going on these camping adventures with him.

So we arrive to the campsite: 3 boys, 3 girls, 5 bikes.  A little bit of math and.. yes, everyone but me was a mountain biker.  Shucks, it looks like I get to stay behind at camp every day and read a young adult book on my secretly packed Kindle.

  
Best. weekend. ever.


4 comments:

  1. This made me giggle. But it sounds like something I'd love too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, the outdoors are way more fun when books are involved. kindle saves the day!

      Delete
    2. I tell you what, I'm so excited to be taking my kindle with me on my vacation!!

      Delete
  2. That is definitely the best way to enjoy nature.

    ReplyDelete