Monday, July 30, 2012

Go World.

After seeing this commercial 10 times in the last few days, I've decided:  I'm going to need to force one of my children to be so good at a sport they make it to the Olympics.



It needs to be sort of an under-the-radar sport.  Not gymnastics or swimming or track - those fields are too saturated and popular.  It's going to need to be something like fencing, or skeet shooting, or badminton.  Whatever it is, I'm going to start my kid young, and get myself a ticket to the Olympics.  It's going to be awesome.  Olympics 2036.  Watch for me.  Everyone reading this should make their kids do it too, and then we can all go together!

I love when the Olympics comes around because it reminds me how much I love America.  And even more so:  it reminds me how much I love the entire world.  Politics and history and wars are set aside for some good old-fashioned athletic competition, and it never ceases to be simply incredible.

Okay, spill:  What's your favorite sport to watch, favorite athlete so far, or favorite Olympic uniform?  (Mine are:  swimming, the OKC Thunder trio or Gabby Douglas, some cycling guy who had a neon blue and yellow uniform and a neon orange bike)

9 comments:

  1. Besides the obvious gymnastics, double duo DIVING... but I MISSED IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double diving was on again last night! I hope you saw it.

      Delete
  2. Women's volleyball! (indoor, of course) Ryan Lochte and Missy Franklin, and no favorite uniform ;-)

    As a side note, Blake thinks I'm the only American to stand with my hand over my heart during the medal ceremonies, this cannot be true, right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a second. Are you saying that you stand up with your hand over your heart in your own house during medal ceremonies? Because if you do, that's awesome. And no, I don't do that, but I'm starting now.

      Delete
  3. I love that you love The Thunder - I'm an Oklahoma girl living in England - so you definitely have touched me in your post! Loving every minute of the Olympics :) Inspiring commercial, BTW - thanks for posting. Newest follower, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to another Oklahoma girl! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love Olympics and this commercial is just so so awesome. I like swimming, fencing and badminton a lot :) xx

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zRaQRbAxXaA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all want to force our kids into Olympics after watching them! I don't even want to have kids but I want to force them into something. I'm definitely a summer Olympics person vs. winter. Gymnastics and softball used to be my favorite to watch. Sorry I'm not sorry that we are awesome at softball Olympic committee.

    I saw the white water kayaking the other day, and it was pretty cool! And freestyle synchronized swimming. I had never watched it before. AND DID YOU CATCH THE WOMEN'S SOCCER GAME YESTERDAY?! No, I don't like talking about the Olympics at all....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a bummer that there's no more women's softball!

      Delete