Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nakie Time

I haven't had a roommate since the summer of 2009. Sure, I'm married so I don't live alone, but a husband is different than a roommate. Because of our unique crazy life (we move every three months for his rotations) we also have a unique living situation. 

When we were living in Phoenix we lived with my aunt. No biggie. It was fun. She's family, she's responsible, she's an adult, she's awesome.. I could go on, but you get it. It was fun.


Currently we are in Denver and we have another roommate. It so happens that one bedroom furnished short term rentals are a lot more expensive than two bedroom places. We live with one of my husband's classmates who works at the same place. This living situation has been a little more difficult than our previous. Okay, a LOT more difficult, and has been challenging. But I'm not here to complain (I'll save that for later).

What I am here to say is that our roommate was out of town a few weeks ago for four days and IT WAS THE BEST TIME IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS WE HAVE HAD!!! Let's just say I hate putting on pants to get a glass of water. Also wearing a bra (I don't even need one my boobs are size child anyway) to grab a bowl of cereal is so annoying. It's almost like I have become Tobias from Arrested Development. A NEVER-NUDE!

But not for those four, glorious days. We were basically our own nudist colony. TMI? Who cares. It was awesome. 

No roommate for four days, people!!! FOUR DAYS!!! I didn't wear pants or a bra (or much of anything else if you know what I mean, bow chicka bow wow...). We lounged on the couch, watched whatever television we wanted, left our dirty dishes around (okay no, I didn't, but I could have and not cared), and had sex. Yes, we had sex everyday and it was awesome. It's way more difficult to do with a roommate in the house.

It was just what we needed. Four days of just us. All you married people who live alone with no kids or roommates... That's the life. Enjoy it.

We say that our roommate is preparing us for having children in the house. And if kids are anything like roommates, we are not ready. At all.


When do the parents ever have sex?


7 comments:

  1. Hahahaha glad you got some time just the two of you. And to answer your question, nap time if he happens to be home and after 8pm. Time is definitely limited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boz, I have no idea where you find the energy with a kid! amazing!

      Delete
  2. hahahha i loved this post! you are such a crack up. i'll be newly married next month and cannot wait to have nakie parties all the time- NO ROOMMATES! woot woot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayay!! Congratulations!! Have all kinds of nakie time, it's the best!!

      Delete
  3. Bahahaha! Love this! Glad you guys got some alone time -- and, yes, you do find the time even with kiddos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that some alone time with your husband is great! I hope y'all enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete